SRUC and Ringlink shared Apprenticeship in Agriculture
To continue with the theme of MA week we wanted to share with you all the new shared apprenticeship scheme launching this year. The Ringlink and SRUC shared Apprenticeship in Agriculture is the first of its kind in Scotland!
How does it work?
SRUC deliver and access the apprentice through the Modern Apprenticeship (MA) Level 2 Agriculture. Ringlink (Scotland) Ltd employ the apprentices and place them with host employers within the Agricultural sector.
It is typically completed over 12 months the Shared MA will have the opportunity to gain experience from working with a minimum of two host employers.
What is involved?
You will undertake the MA Level 2 Agriculture – combining the SVQ Level 2 in Agriculture and two industry specific training courses. The programme offers practical instruction supported by technical knowledge in a range of general agricultural skills including handling and care of livestock, operation and maintenance of machinery, estate maintenance and health and safety.
What are the benefits for the employer?
- Ringlink employs the apprentices, taking responsibility for all administration, payroll and holidays.
- Saves you time – the recruitment and selection process is carried out by SRUC & Ringlink.
- Basic toolkits are provided for each MA.
- Your business in the centre of our minds – flexible placement duration for apprentices aligned with your business requirements.
- Help develop a flexible skilled workforce for the industry.
What are the benefits for the apprentice?
With a Modern Apprenticeship in Agriculture you learn on the job, and get the experience & skills you need and employers want. Plus, you work towards a qualification. Whether you’re thinking about the future, job hunting, or want to learn new skills, a Modern Apprenticeship in Agriculture could be for you.
Get a job.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Supported by ONE (Opportunity North East) Food Drink and Agriculture and Skills Development Scotland.