Top tips for staying safe on dark nights
You want to make sure an enjoyable night out stays enjoyable. Here are a few simple tips to help you keep safe
- Make sure your mobile is fully charged before going out
- Plan your route to and from home.
- Pre book a taxi and arrange a time and place to be picked up or if travelling by bus, make sure you allow plenty of time so not to miss the last bus.
- Safety in numbers – always stick together and don’t go off on your own
- If you do have to be on your own, make sure a friend or family member knows where you are going to, who you are meeting and let them know when you’re home safely again.
- Enjoy your night out but always be aware of your surroundings. Never leave your personal belongings or drinks unattended and never accept a drink off a stranger
- Buy a mini torch to have on your keyrings
- Stay to well lit paths and walk with confidence – don’t be distracted by your mobile.
- Download an app to your phone so you can be located (‘find my friends’ or ‘family locator’ are just two examples)