Campus Officer Elections Launched at Barony, Elmwood and Oatridge
It’s election time again, and nominations are now open for Campus Officers at SRUC’s Barony, Elmwood and Oatridge campuses.
SRUCSA are calling on students at those campuses who want the chance to get involved and work with – and on behalf of – their classmates to improve the student experience at their campus and across SRUC. Campus Officers work as part of a team to run SRUCSA and their role is to represent and act as the voice of their campus student body.
Could you see yourself representing your fellow students as Campus Officer? Would you like the chance to get involved and act as the voice of the student body at your campus, helping make a difference there and at SRUC as a whole?
Nominations for the position of Campus Officer are now open until 4pm on Friday 3rd November, with campaigning from 6-10 November and voting from 8-10 November.
Further information on the benefits of being a Campus Officer and on standing in the election can be found on the SRUCSA Elections (or by emailing elections@SRUC.ac.uk):
And for those of you who may be thinking of standing, here are SRUCSA’s top ten reasons why it’s great to be a SRUCSA Campus Officer:
10) Meeting and talking to your fellow students on a regular basis.
9) Helping to organise the social events that no one is going to forget.
8) Improving the student experience on your campus and across SRUC.
7) Standing up for what you and your fellow students feel strongly about.
6) Attending – and even chairing – important meetings.
5) Taking part in the democratic process.
4) Working closely with your campus Class Reps.
3) Enhancing your CV and gaining valuable life skills and experience.
2) Having opportunities to reach out to Student Associations and groups at other colleges and universities.
And the #1 reason why it’s great to be a SRUCSA Campus Officer…
1) Being part of a great team of SRUCSA Officers!